Monday, May 19, 2008

Free is Funnest





I should really start my own magazine. It would be National Geographic Adventure meets a Donald Miller book. Don't get me wrong, I love N.G.A., but am i about to spend $700 on a 2-day rafting trip? no sir. So i think there needs to be a magazine for people of my budget, with personal stories that make you want to see a place for more than its pictures.

My latest adventure took place right here in Dallas, this past Wednesday night. The entire night cost me $3. The events are as follows: Head to Victory Park with my borrowed lawn-chair in hand to see the pre-game performance from my favorite band, The Old 97's. We find parking on trusty Cedar Springs street, which is free. The concert was free. (and im used to paying $30 to see them). Let me also mention that I have loved the Old 97's for the last 9 years and it wasn't until THIS night that i got to meet THE Rhett Miller!!!

Then we get to watch the Dallas Stars on the jumbotron outside the American Airlines Center. During both intermissions, an incredible coverband called "Metal Shop" brings the rock with all the 80's hairband hits. Def Leopard, Gun's N Roses, Poison, you name it. They came complete with wigs and we LOVED it. The Stars made a comeback with their win in game 4!!!!!!!!!! At 10pm we hadn't had dinner, but are just minutes away from the Meridian Room which happens to be half-priced food night on Wednesdays. I split my best grilled-cheese-sandwhich ever with Alayna, and my half was $1.5o. After tip I had only spent $3 for the entire, wonderful evening. Stuff's free in Dallas, I just have to find it!!!! This is my new quest.