Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear Man of My Dreams,

You are running late and I am concerned. (its ok though, I'm usually late to everything). My history proves that men are terrible communicators...so I will spell it out for you, I want you to sweep me off my feet! Please roll into my life like a tornado and destroy all this dating game crap! I'm terrible at dating. Mostly because I don't trust men. I think you could change that, Man of My Dreams. If you were to show me that I was the only girl in the world you wanted, that I was one of a kind, irreplaceable. Then I might open up to you. I'm ready to stop being complicated and give my heart away. But, I'd have to trust you to do that.
I want you to be intelligent...hold a conversation with me for hours, let me know exactly what's going on in your head. I'm no mind-reader, and quite naive at times. I want you to plan a date, be creative, build me a cake or something. I want you to be a sweet person. Sweet to me, sweet to your mother, sweet to strangers. I want you to travel with me. I want us to explore the world together, sleep in tents, make friends on trains. I want us to have adventure, grow old together, and sit nestled in our rockers telling all of our stories with not a sight left on Earth to see. I want you to think deeper than your daily routine. I want you to pray with me. I want you to accept things when they come as part of God's design. I can be an intense, panicky, firecracker...so I'll need you to be laid-back, patient and content. I want you to open my eyes to new things, teach me, make me try things I don't like. You don't have to be athletic, just willing to hike and play and swim in the ocean. Oh, and can you make me laugh? I promise I won't give a damn about your looks if you can make me laugh.
I'm hoping you're a t-shirt and jeans guy. I hate shopping, so please don't pressure me into being one of those girls. And, apparently I like tattoos...so bonus points if you have some good ones!

Eagerly awaiting,
Me