Monday, October 22, 2012

29 Weeks and 3 days



Here is a pattern I've noticed. Discovery #1: I WILL ALWAYS miss EX-boyfriends...right until the next love interest comes along. That's just how it goes. A pattern that has repeated itself since 8th grade. It's an idol for me, relationships that is. I'm well aware, doesn't mean I've found the solution just because I've pinpointed the problem. So this weekend I missed Jon a whole lot. And, on the drive home from Dallas this weekend I heard a song that could easily have been written for us a little over a year ago when fate brought him back for round two in my life at Frankies. "Why You Wanna" by Jana Kramer. Cue ugly crying...when?...BY MYSELF in the car. I'm telling you, I need a sidekick at all times to kill the Molly Ringwald inside of me and remain emotionally stable.



. Discovery #2: I ONLY miss ex's when I've A) been by myself a lot or B) been on several, consecutive girls-nights-out. Nothing makes me miss a man more than being around a bunch of chicks and TALKING about men. Sheesh. But, the more I think this through, its not like Jon was a perfect peach. For whatever reason I've got this glossy knight-in-shining-armor image of him in my head just because he was tall and loved baseball and fixed things with his hands and sent me flowers. Those things were true...and awesome...but they weren't all of the package. He also had some flaws that I wasn't excited about, which shall remain nameless since I'm not a mean girl. I really liked him in SPITE of those flaws, but now I choose to focus on those, since feeling the burning sting of his 10 month rejection.


Yesterday I voted. EARLY. People say it doesn't matter in Texas because Texas will be a red state until Rome takes over the world again. But my friend Duncan, who was in the airforce, reminds me that, "A lot of people died so I could have the option to vote..." so I did. And because I'm a grown up. And so my mom won't feel compelled to drive all the way to Austin and tell me to go find a switch. 




Ginny drove in to Dallas this weekend too and we got to stay at Ashley's parents house in Southlake. GORGEOUS. Seriously, I love every detail of this house. Dream house. Love. It. Here is the room I had all to myself, with the best bed in creation!



BEST SURPRISE EVER! I love boots. A lot. There is way more country deep down inside this girl than I let on. I don't like bugs. I don't really have an accent until "y'all" or "fixin'" comes out. And, I prefer make-up to a natural face. But you must remember, I've been visiting my parents "Place" in Winnsboro ever since rotary phones were a part of my regular routine. It's my dream to build a house on that land and.... anyway I've been talking about boots with the fringe for a long time now and ASHLEY GOT ME SOME. They are perfect. JUST PERFECT. Not only was I almost in tears because what a sweet and thoughtful gift, but the fact that it was JUST BECAUSE. Not my birthday, no celebration, she just saw something and thought of me and was kind enough to do something for me that she knew I wouldn't do for myself. These are my new official winter shoes. Expect to see me in them everyday until March, starting with the cold front this weekend.



I think this year for my birthday I'm going to make all my friends go out to the stockyards and dance with cowboys. This is one of my FAVORITE past times with these two lovely ladies. (And part of the reason I missed Jon so much, because he had boots and I think he would have LOVED the stockyards.)




Snuck this last picture in here. Went to Austin City Limits last weekend with Mel and Patrick. We had a blast. Should have written about it a week ago. I know, I know. Probably my last ACL though. Next year maybe I'll rent out my fantastically located apartment and make that dolla.




Last but not least. LISTEN TO THIS SONG BELOW. My friend from high school, Lauren Lambert (L.E. Taylor) wrote, sings, and plays. Love her and this song so much. Can't wait for the whole cd. Might even go to Colorado just for a show. LISTEN LISTEN. Okay. Operation GET EVERYTHING DONE starts right now. Write blog and put off more important things? Check. Tune in next week for weekend camping with strangers results and first photography class summary.