Saturday, December 8, 2012

Kitchens: Size Matters.


Brunch party and enjoyable lazy day today. I had high ambitions of making cinnamon rolls from scratch for the party this morning. I even printed off a recipe from the Internet. But, late nights provide late mornings and, well, thank you Pillsbury.

Let's talk about my kitchen. I would gladly live with teeny-tiny bedrooms and living rooms if I could have a ginormous kitchen. Kitchen space is important for cooking. I need a counter to chop and roll things on. I need cabinet space to store dicers and slicers. I need an oven that, for the love of all good things, would NOT set off ALL THREE FIRE ALARMS every time I bake for more than 10 minutes. Instead, here is what I currently have...
My back is against the wall here people...


I share a 2 bedroom, 700 square foot apartment with another person. And, in case you forgot how much 700 square feet is, go look at your garage and stuff 2 beds, a couch and a refrigerator in there. Okay, okay. I know I am some kind of ungrateful, spoiled, American. This is true. I just love cooking. Big kitchens make that past time more efficient, and loads of fun.








So, here are the Cinnamon rolls that the Pillsbury dough boy made for my lazy tail. Didn't they do a great job?








Get ready, Icing!!!!









Dear Man of my Dreams,
Can you please build me a kitchen like THIS???!!!!







And, can we get a big table for everyone to eat with us like THIS??










Once, I went to Nashville to visit Dave Mankin. We had the PLEASURE of eating lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's restaurant...at a table with 10 other strangers and a lazy susan housing all the food, just like THIS....








Or maybe I just want to be THIS!!! Pioneer woman. You are so cool. I want your job.