Thursday, July 10, 2008

Marriot, 2 thumbs up


I just had a big fluffy bedroom all to myself at the Seattle Marriot Hotel. FOR FREE. The night was a far cry from the bunkbed hostel I was supposed to be staying at in Fairbanks last night. "How did you manage that?", you ask? The events leading up to my fluffy bed are as follows...

Delta Airlines can suck my left elbow.

I would say that the Delta air transit operations are comprable to that of little children who like to play house. Though the children are obviously ill-equipped, and way too immature to actually fit themselves into the shoes of adulthood, its cute to watch them try. Such as Delta Airlines. I won't bore you with the gruesome details of their idiocy from yesterday, but I can safely say that next time I purchase a flight...I will gladly pay the extra $30 to go with a different airline.

My ways of "sticking it to the man" are moderate. Sometimes I read magazines without paying for them. Sometimes I leave my cell phone on, in a movie theatre. So yesterday, when Delta gave me a dinner voucher, I was prepared to seek revenge. But, should have read the fine print. I went to Fridays, ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, AND a fruity beverage. With my own money I would have had soup and water. It was not until the end of the meal that I realized my voucher was only good for up to $7. Dammit Delta.

The plane I was scheduled to be on, arrived 2.5hrs late. At 9pm, I was finally off to Salt Lake City. Arriving in SLC, they offer to put me on the next flight to Seattle, and I took it, and jackpot!My seat was right between 2 guys my age! So I sat down next to the first one, Connor. He was chatty and looked like an all american guy. Then came the next one...tall, brown eyes, brown hair. Well...thats about as good as it got. Connor was scratching his tenders through the majority of the flight. What is with guys doing that? Do you think we don't notice? You might as well get a shovel and pick your nose in public. It's just as obvious, and would actually be better to see you scratching above your equator. And yes, I can even see you when the small table connected to the back of the seat is down. Did you forget we are packed on that plane like cattle? Gross. I buried myself in my book. Brown eyes didn't talk to me, and refused the gum I offered him. He was also quickly off the list.

So here I am in Seattle this morning. I'm about to go take my last great shower of the week, and eat my $14 breakfast voucher (they gave me 2 and said I could combine, I checked). Then off to Fairbanks where Clint's friends will pick me up and I should be sleeping in Denali tonight.

All in all I really shouldn't complain. My Lord has been so gracious to give me the means to go to Alaska and friends to share it with. I know that He is good, and has His own reasoning and timing. I am grateful to learn from all unanticipated experiences. Please keep me in your prayers!