Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wild West, part 1

We're on the road so I'll be posting pics later. Just a quick update to calm my mother's nerves. Shaster and I have a new addition to our adventures...and her name is Alayna. She is GREAT! It's so weird how the 3 of us each contribute different things that make this trip fantastic. Alayna is on the ball, getting the rental car for us and being so easy-going. We love her. She's so kind too, always helping out strangers...I love my friends.

Checkmark on the San Diego Zoo. (though the Steve Irwin Zoo has ruined me from all other zoos). The polar bears were cool though, followed by a hilarious conversation with the kinder gardeners standing behind us about how "Lettuce rules!". We stayed with our wonderful friend Paul who was so sweet to give us a key so that we could come and go as we pleased. Walked to the bay with him and down the Ocean Beach pier that night. Had a minor set back when our stupid honda hybrid lost its battery power on the ON RAMP on the 5. The experience was unnerving for me, the driver, but didn't seem to phase the other two. Fox rentals brought us a new car and we were on our way to see TOBY AND JANE in HERMOSA BEACH! So far, this is my favorite place in the United States. I love the food here. Java Man has the best oatmeal in the world. We've had a healthy dose of volleyball on the beach, glow in the dark frisbee at night and I'm working my way up as lead guitarist, "Foxy Brown" in the popular video game Rock Band. Our friends Dan and Glen live out here as well and we've gotten to share a few meals with all of Jane and Toby's neighbors.

No fun stories and pics just yet. I really shouldn't even be inside right now. In fact, what am I doing? I'm going back outside to play volleyball on the sunny beach...everyone have fun at their jobs!