Saturday, December 5, 2009

I heart vampires



So this post has nothing to do with traveling, but sometimes I just like to put my thoughts up. And here's a quick one. It kind of irks me, all the time and energy spent bashing new moon. I mean there are some people who dont just make a small joke, but take every effort to belittle people who like the Twilight series. Like on facebook, or I hear kids at school be pretty harsh with their comments directed at other kids of how stupid, gay, or immature they are for enjoying the Vampire books. I guess since I hear it in MIDDLE school daily, im always a little surprised that the same kind of demeaning ridicule is still there in adult form. So here is what I would like to say.

What is the big damn deal?
Why can we not co-exist with our differentiated reading/movie preferences?
Why am i not allowed to enjoy something, just because you dont?
I usually just keep to myself and let you have your own opinions, why must you go out of your way to be the correct viewpoint?

I'm not speaking to anyone in particular, just kind of something i've noticed lately and find a little annoying. Perhaps I'm a little defensive because I DID enjoy the books. And I thought the second movie was tops. But this is my blog so here, will take a little bit of time to get off my chest all the things i've kept quiet about. I find the following ridiculous.

*I think all video games are retarded and a waste of time. I am always surprised at the amount of time, money, and energy spent on these at any age. Rockband is the only game i find remotely pleasing, and even then, only for about an hour, a couple times a year.

*I find sports retarded as well. The world worships 20something year old men at their ability to throw and catch balls.

*Why would you ever drink more than you can handle? Your body has mechanisms inside to alert you when you have had too much and need to slow down and consume water. Hangovers are preventative. So are $100 bar tabs.

*Driving any vehicle that costs over $15k. Even that is probably too much. There are plenty of used vehicles in great condition.

*Updating your facebook ever 3 minutes. Or your twitter. Or your myspace. Why are you that plugged in all the time? What would you do with yourself if you werent allowed internet?

*Answering your cell phone in the middle of our conversation. Am i unimportant or what?

*Owning more than 5 pairs of anything.

*Designer anything

*"I can't...". Yes you can.

*Forcing the F-word into every sentence of your regular vocabulary.

Thats enough for now, I should go do something productive.