Thursday, August 25, 2011

Balloons


Last weekend I got to see the Highland Village Hot Air Balloon Festival from a jet ski on Lake Lewisville! It was so cool. I only regret that I didn't get out there Saturday night and take pictures of the "Balloon Glow" where they light up all of the balloons at night. I bet that was pretty, and I could have used my good camera. But, I actually got some pretty good pictures with my little water-proof Olympus. Not bad at all!

This is Duncan, owner of the jet ski, my coworker, and neighbor. Don't worry, not any kind of love interest, but a really good friend to me. It's great to have a friend live nearby, so when we're both bored we can ride bikes, or jet skis, or grill something. He was also really great a couple days after I broke up with Nick. I was really sad and had been moping and crying and really needed to get out of the house. Duncan took me out on the jet ski and we just rode around for a few hours. Didn't even talk or say anything...which was great because I didn't want to talk about it. I guess he just knew I needed to be outside and breathe for a little while. I'll never forget that. Good friend.


Here are some balloon pictures. I really needed my own helicopter because I couldn't get the light how I wanted. But, there are a few good ones in here!






Sometimes the balloons would dip down into the water. What a crowd pleaser!!!


 This all happened at about 7am on Saturday morning. So the light was really great.