Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

THANKSGIVING BREAK STARTS TOMORROW AT 3:30PM!!!...and I am SO thankful. Get me out of here. Get me to the country. Get me to the quiet. This will be an interesting Thanksgiving. Baltimore brother just had a baby today! She is a beautiful little baby Taylor. Dallas brother will be with the in-laws this year. Dad is in the hospital for the second time this month. So that leaves me and Mom. Might get some turkey...might get some Luby's we'll see what happens :)

An idea came to me last weekend. And, I REALLY, really want to share it with you. But I think it will be a much more fun surprise if I just post the outcome of this idea once I collect a few of it's photos. And, once I get the courage to take them. I CAN tell you this though...I'm inspired by the work below!! Esther Havens. I want to BE her. She's incredible. I love everything about her website. I'm totally in love with her work. Humanitarian photography is my absolute dream job. Maybe if I get good, I could shoot weddings to pay the bills, but my heart would belong to non-profit pictures. Hypothetically speaking. I can look at them for hours. Incredible.

Guess what else? Per Esther Havens twitter suggestion, I followed her footsteps and signed up for a conference in March in Ft.Worth! www.swpjc.org I'm so excited for this I'm about to choke on my water!!! Okay, enough. All this photography talk and I actually have class to go to right now. In a much better mood today than I was Friday. Accepting that some things are beyond my control. Accepting God knows what He's doing in my life. Accepting that the happiness I've been praying for my ex may have showed up in a different shape than I would have chosen, but an answered prayer none-the-less.

If you have some hours or days to kill, go to www.estherhavens.com
Prepare for uncontrollable smiling.