Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hostel de Carisse y Shast

When I was making the decision as to what house to buy, I asked God if we could move into a place that would better house people that came to stay with us, than our tiny little addison apartment. He provided...and the last week and a half has proven that.

In college there were 7 of us girls that were besties...and no matter how far away people move, or the different places we're at in our lives...we're still best friends. I feel like I remember who I am, what I'm about, and my purpose in life seems to have a little more clarity around my girls. We've had plans for a while to all reunite this past weekend, and we had a fantastic time!

It all started when our 8th girlfriend, Tobias, got a job in Dallas and got to hang out with us a week prior to girls weekend! We finished the Sing Off, ate food that was bad for us, and laughed a lot! Jane and Ginny came Saturday night, Jess came Sunday and we met up with Rebekah and Micah at her new house! Did I mention Mikey is also ENGAGED! SOOO excited for her. We love Justin, welcome to our family! We went to church together...which was awesome because I remember what it felt like to sit in that church all by myself just 3 years ago. We caught up, we laughed, we played with Jess and Rebekah's babies, we ate, we chilled. I LOVE those girls, what a blessing. This is Shast and her nephew, isn't he cute?!!!


And just after we took Toby and Jane to the airport Tuesday, my bro and his family came in that night. They are SO sweet. Thankful to God for His timing...he let me get the Burges to the airport, on time, with no car problems, and just a couple hours later I tried going to the grocery store, got about a block and a half and then the Saturn transmission died forever. Stupid saturn. No wonder they shut down. So my sweet brother was nice enough to go car shopping with me yesterday to help me narrow my choices. So far, people have treated me like a customer with my brother by my side....and like a clueless 16yr. old when car browsing by myself.


R.I.P. Saturn...we've been through a lot of ups and downs together...


 
I got to spend some time at Kids Castle with my beautiful and ENERGETIC nieces, cook some real meals, and looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas. I guess if I'm going to make photography a real hobby...then I need to actually start carrying my camera and taking pictures. I can't believe I didn't get any pics of ALL of us girls together this past weekend!!! But here's a few of my cutie pie nieces.
I think Hay looks like the godfather here....

"You talkin ta me?"

 "Yeah, you. ...You talkin ta me?"







Voluntarily trapped between her mommy's legs was a funny moment.

 ...that I actually caught on camera...



And then there's my pretty, pretty, princess...when we were playing on the swings at the park she leaned back at one point and said, "Auntie Carisse, I just love you so much." ...and thats when I melted like a vat of butter...and they had to scoop me up off the playground to get me home.


"Take a picture of meeee."




...and my favorite picture of all...




baby's so cuuuuute...




Making a decision monday morning on a new car. Praying God will lead me to what I need.

In other news, I finally finished the Hobbit that I started back in August. 300 pages. All at home on the shitter. Just started the Fellowship of the Ring today!