Sunday, April 24, 2011

Marley

So I got to meet little "Lucky" this weekend. Thought long and hard about bringing him home with me, but in the end, decided he would be a better baby for my mother right now. After being in a dog mood, I watched "Marley and Me" tonight. If you've never seen this movie, you should. It's so good for so many reasons. The story has so many levels to it. Yes it's about a puppy...but more importantly it's about an era in the life cycle of this couple, and how the dog grows along with them. The movie is really about family...and Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson have such chemistry together...it can be hard to remember that it's just a movie and not want for that.

I'm so curious how the story of my life will turn out. I'm so curious to know if there is someone I could have chemistry with, that I could go through the growth of getting a puppy with, moving with, buying a house with, starting a career with, raising kids with. Just wonder what pleasures on this earth are in store for me. Perhaps they are nothing like the aforementioned list. Perhaps they are. Either way, that movie really makes me want to embrace growing up. Makes me want to get the last of these dreams of my youth out of my system so I can plant new ones. Happy Easter to you!