Monday, January 2, 2012

Words of Wisdom

So I just started this book called, "Here's to Hindsight" by Tara Leigh Cobble. My friend Emily is letting me borrow this O-So-Fantastic book. I've barely started it and already I am so in love with it. I completely identify with this author and I am such a sucker for memoirs. She's writes like a conversation and now I feel like we are best friends. (Don't worry Sanderson, I'll finish The Four Loves asap)
Here's a snippet cause I couldn't even wait...

"In my experience, the inherent problem with male-female friendships is this: girls tend to fall for familiarity and guys tend to fall for mystery. As the girl gets to know her guy friend better and learns about his character, he becomes more and more attractive to her; meanwhile, she becomes less mysterious and intriguing to him, and she slowly sinks into the quicksand of Just-Friends land. I know that isn't always the case but it seems to be fairly common." -Tara Leigh Cobble




SO TRUE. As Melanie was playing DJ on the drive home from New Year's Eve, I was reminded of the girl I wish I was. The vision of a strong, empowered, confident and beautiful woman I wish I was shows up in my mind through glimpses...just long enough to get me from one day to the next. The girl I am currently, is just an emotional roller coaster riding between the ups and downs of moving on, and holding on. I miss Jon, I really do. But he made his decision clear, so what else is there? Holding on to someone who doesn't want me would make me a fool...and I would waste a period of my life AS a fool, until another man came along who pretended to love me until he left me...to which I would then be a fool yet again. So it's cyclical you see. Here she is, poet extraordinaire, you guessed it...Shania Twain.



"Any Man Of Mine"

This is what a woman wants...

Any man of mine better be proud of me

Even when I'm ugly he still better love me

And I can be late for a date that's fine

But he better be on time



Any man of mine'll say it fits just right

When last year's dress is just a little too tight

And anything I do or say better be okay

When I have a bad hair day



And if I change my mind

A million times

I wanna hear him say

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I like it that way



Any man of mine better walk the line

Better show me a teasin' squeezin' pleasin' kinda time

I need a man who knows, how the story goes

He's gotta be a heartbeatin' fine treatin'

Breathtakin' earthquakin' kind

Any man of mine



Well any man of mine better disagree

When I say another woman's lookin' better than me

And when I cook him dinner and I burn it black

He better say, mmmm, I like it like that yeah



And if I changed my mind

A million times

I wanna hear him say

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I like it that way