Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Stick Shifts and Safety Belts

We have an upcoming adventure that will require every protective angel that can be summoned. I was 16yrs. old the last time I tried to learn how to drive a stick shift. My brother was sweet and patient, but I stalled his truck twice and got really nervous and quit. I haven't tried since, and much to my shagrin...that was TEN years ago, a freaking decade! (*sigh* 16 was a great year for me.)... Anyways, New Zealand already rented out all of their automatic transmission campervans, so not only will we be on the left side of the road, I'll have a third pedal and a stick to ask for my attention too! We plan to practice on a car before we go though, so don't worry too much. All part of the adventure!! Lucky for us I found this police uniform so I can just write myself tickets when this whole plan goes up in smoke.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...this is ETHEL!!! I came around the corner and she had lunch ready for me on our lady and the tramp table. She is so wonderful. Did I mention how much I like Maurice and everyone else we work with too? And to think, I was actually trying to make myself stay in that bakery!
Sunday we got to feed opossums at the Botanical Gardens with some new friends! Isn't that amazing? They just come right up to you and eat out of your hand! Except thats not my hand since I was the photographer. Judging by phalange length and position, I'd say that was Geoff's hand. Oh I need to get a picture of Geoff on here, he's my favorite!
Until next time lovely!