Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nashville



I like seeing new cities whenever possible. I love it actually. And, I find it best to visit friends as a means of travel, see how they live and their town through their eyes. So I went to see my friend Dave. He was always such a positive force in my life during college, and we had a great time catching up.

As soon as I got there we went straight to karaoke where I finally got to try out my idea of Hall & Oates. I got to meet all of his friends from church the next day at a huge thanksgiving meal, and after, we walked off our food around Radner Lake. Got to see Jack White's neighborhood as well!



The next day we drove to Lynchberg and ate at Miss Mary Bobos. Which is a fantastic homestyle restaurant inside this old boarding house that supposedly Jack Daniel used to eat his lunch at daily. I was so full!



We visited the Jack Daniel's distillery...





Went to a place called The Mercy Lounge which ended up having an awesome 90's grunge night. Super fun. Woke up the next morning and ate at the Pancake Pantry and walked around town before I got on the plane.



I had a really great time on this trip. It's good to be around such sweet and generous people. It's good to have conversations with someone so relateable as Dave. It's good to be in such a pretty landscape. It's good to see places unfamiliar.

And, as much of a blast as I had in my short trip there...I'm afraid I can cross Nashville off my list of places to move. I feel like if I ever get out of Dallas, I need to try some place different, than here. I guess that's why L.A. is still in the #1 spot for me. Austin is still high on my list as well...but if I'm going for different...I might as well go all the way.