Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tickets

It all started after a long day at work when I came home and Shasta said, "Do you want a surprise that you'll love?"
Well of course, who doesn't. She then explained to me that some liquor reps had given her manager several concert tickets, two of which were Mumford & Sons that he'd never heard of. She then explained that she was unable to attend because of her nephew's birthday party...so being the selfless person that she is, she gave them to me. I quickly called Darby, who introduced me to this band, and then proceeded to count down the days until I got to go!

I would assume that the level of excitement I hold for a couple of great, FREE concert tickets...is equivalent to the excitement a Ranger fan would feel for World Series tickets.



Darby and I were joking around with the man outside of House of Blues about checking our I.D's. Only a few minutes later, as we were standing in line to go in, that same man did the sweetest favor ever. He came up to us and said, "You girls come with me."

Scared we had done something wrong, we left the line and went with him. And, he sent us to the VIP lounge, with VIP bracelets! It was wonderful. We otherwise would have been standing like sardines next to the stage for an hour before the opening band went on. But, instead, because of this man's kindness, we got to sit on beautiful couches and drink cocktails and eat good food. Sweet!




I hate typing posts after the fact because I often forget my emotional richter scale. However, let me just say that Mumford & Sons are WONDERFUL, in every way. Lyrics, music, stage presence, humility. LOVED THEM.