Friday, November 19, 2010

Talent Show



One of the items on my bucketlist is to perform music infront of a live audience. Up until now the only people who have heard me play my guitar are my music teachers, my roomates in college, and an ex-boyfriend. It just a fear I want to conquer to see if I can do it. I could go to an open mic night...OR I could perform in our school's TALENT SHOW at the end of the year. I'm very much toying with the idea.

The problem is finding a song. What is a dumbed down version of a recognizible song I could play, in front of 500 students? Now these are urban pre-teens so with that knowledge right there we can eliminate anything country, anything inappropriate for children, and anything slow and depressing.

I've been listening to the radio a lot lately, trying to find a current pop song I could play acoustically for fun, and from a girl (me) perspective. The problem is that all the pop songs out right now are smut.

So far, the best I've come up with is Michael Jackson's "Beat It". They love Michael Jackson...wonder if I could pull it off?

I NOW OPEN THE FLOOR FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!