Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fish Princess


I got a new job at the Seafood place next door to where Shasta works. THIS place holds the "No Worries" atmosphere I was hoping to find in Australia. The manager is an older woman, who encompasses every characteristic you would attribute to a woman named Ethel. She wears combs in her hair with black sneakers, and she winks at me all the time. (which I love). Every couple of hours she goes around to the staff with a little container of gummy bears and offers a "pick me up".


She might just be happy to have another girl there because I think there might only be one other girl on staff besides myself. No matter though, I get along great with the guys and love to talk music with them, since Australia is so behind on the latest bands. The kitchen at this place is behind closed doors so its fun to walk back there and hear the radio blasting and see people smiling...So different from the bakery.

I started running around our neighborhood. Not quite as flat as Dallas in this coastal town. My calves and my behind are screaming adjustment with every step.