Friday, September 7, 2007

Weasley Wisdom

There is a scene in Harry Potter 5, The Order of the Phoenix, where the Weasley twins make a grand escape after being subjected to the oppression of the evil Professor Umbridge. (I am of course referring to the book, the movie does this scene no justice.)

While the rest of the kids in school are taking their test with major pressure, the Weasley's set off a glory-filled display of fireworks inside and out the school building, and as they ride off on their broomsticks...ah I forget how they word it, but it is something to the effect of, "Shove it Professor Umbridge!".

And, today I have replicated that entire scene at my job. Just kidding...OH how i wish that I had access to fireworks! Let me preface all of this with, I am not a whiner or a quitter, I can securely say that. I am no stranger to hard work or dealing with idiots. But my mom and my homegroup girl lindsay had some words of wisdom that helped me make a tough decision.


"Sometimes you have to stick with a situation, as in if you have no choice, but you are not always a quitter just because you change jobs."......my mom

"I am a big fan of not having to FIGHT to be joyful that much or convince yourself what His will is.".........Lindsay



I agree girls. God gives us instinct, intuition and feelings. Those things are given, not learned. And I dont want to hate 35hrs of every week of my adventure. Life is too short to put up with stuff that bottles up your gifts and steals your joy. Deuces Bakery.