Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ouch!

It's nice having a job that requires so little thought. I don't have to plan ahead or research anything...I just show up, perform 7hrs. of physical tasks and joking around...then I get back on the train and go home. During our slow hours, it's just me, a serrated knife, and several kilos of fish/lemons to be cut. Crank up the radio, and pass the time getting to know the rest of the staff. I actually enjoy it! (pics of staff and kitchen crew coming soon)

So one week ago when my neck started hurting I just thought I was working hard and adapting, or maybe I was sleeping in awkward positions? Oh no sir! When I woke up this morning I find trouble moving my head in any direction. The above pic is titled, "I don't feel good and I want my mommy".

I'm not sure why I am unable to simply contract the common cold like normal people. I would much prefer seeing the doctor as a drippy nose rather than a freak show. Did you know I had to wear a heart monitor for 24hrs when I was younger because every few years my heart speeds up really fast for no reason? Its called, "Something Tachycardia". Did I mention I wore a headgear to sleep in for the better portion of my childhood sleepovers? I guess that's common among orthodontics, but either way I'm a huge geek and am hoping to get a neck brace this afternoon as the cherry on top. Then maybe I can find my old head gear, wear them at the same time, and be just like Joan Cusack in "Sixteen Candles".

I have an appointment with the doctor today at 3pm. I hope he fixes me. I've prayed for healing. Meanwhile I'm stuck inside on a beautiful day. Good thing I have less than 100 pages to go in Harry Potter 7!!!

UPDATE:
So I went to the doctor. I basically have a sprained neck. I'm supposed to take Ibuprofen 3X a day and keep ice on it till it heals. No biggie. Don't get me started on how much better the Aussie healthcare system is than ours.