Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mt.Coot-tha by Night

I feel 100% better today. God is taking care of me, and so is my lil maternal friend Shasta. She'll make a great mom someday.

I played around with my camera and figured out how to show you the city at night. I had to be super still to get this shot of Brisbane but it doesn't hold a candle to how beautiful it is in person. Who wants to buy me a Canon Rebel for Christmas? Raise your hand. The orange dot in the middle was the moon, and there was a palm tree off to the left that was pretty.


Meet Jane. She took me to the doctor, she is a great cook, and she talks fast so I never have to feel impatience. Our first day here she brought over cupcakes and it was in that moment I knew we could easily be best-friends forever!!! Remember my emotionally draining blog about God providing for us? Jane is part of the church here, and those people will be my greatest attachment difficult to break free from in December.


And, this is her super cute baby, Miriam. Isn't that a great name? She really is one of the top five most beautiful babies I've ever come across. Seriously, someone put this kid in a calendar.









And, this is her husband Steve. He spends Friday nights talking with the homeless community and it's really exciting to hear the stories coming out of that. So, there you have it, the newest edition to my 'favorite couples' list.