Wednesday, July 25, 2012

...Florida (part 1)...

We left Savannah and headed to Orlando, in my first confrontation with rain the whole trip. We camped at the KOA, and created probably one of my favorite scenes of the trip. At the time, I was reading "Love Does" by Bob Goff. SO GOOD. John caught up on the first few chapters where I was and then we began reading the book aloud to each other while waiting for our laundry. Kind of a silly thing to do I guess, but that book was perfect for reading out loud and I haven't belly laughed that hard in a long time. So fun.

The next morning was a dream come true for me. Go ahead and make fun, but I LOVE the Harry Potter books. And movies. Love them. So where did we go? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter of course!!!


If you like the stories, this place is truly magical. Every detail of the entire park has been made to mimic the books.


Butter beer was sweet and yummy and reminded me of the granitas we sold at the coffee shop in high school.


Even fake snow on the roofs to make you feel like you were walking the streets at Hogsmeade.


Olivander's wand making shop. Where the wand chooses YOU ;)



The best ride of my life. Inside a real Hogwarts Castle!