Thursday, July 26, 2012

OBX

Kansas, 2 days rest, Australian with me for a week, 2.5 Weeks on the road on the East Coast, Austin...fly to North Carolina, hang in the Outer Banks for 1.5 days, drive parents back to Texas in two days. Needless to say I have done NOTHING that wasn't absolutely necessary for the past two weeks. I've even used my bike rather than my car if I had any errands in Corinth.

My brother, teaching the kiddos to catch crabs.


The Outer Banks, North Carolina.


Cutie Pie on a wild horse safari.



Wild Horses.



Cutie Pie and wild horses.


Turns out North Carolina is quite the racecar/monster truck haven. We actually got to RIDE in a monster truck at Grave Digger's place. If you look close, you can see my niece and nephew in the driver's seat here.



Nephew caught sand frogs at the Dunes.



Nephew, me and Mom at the Dunes at sunset!



Only a handful of these complete family pics in existence! Sure wish I had some more from the trip. Should have taken my tripod.



"Driving to Texas from North Carolina? Oh that will be a beautiful drive."
And it sure would have been if I wasn't a nervous granny GEEKING OUT driving in the rain for hours and hours with semis and motorcycles whizzing past me whilst my hazard lights flickered through the fog. Talk about stressful. I need a massage. But the good Lord let us make it home safely at 11pm on day two :)