Thursday, July 26, 2012

...Key West. The End.

The Big Finale. Key West.
Key West is a best kept secret. Maybe not to you, but I haven't heard much about it in my life time. I had some friends take a honeymoon there, I used to have a client that was a huge Jimmy Buffett fan, and I've heard of Ernest Hemingway. Outside of that I just haven't had a ton of friends talk about it. But it was beautiful, not very crowded, and lovely. I'd go back in a heart beat.

Driving there from Miami at sunset.


Key Lime Pie at Blue Heaven. YUM. We made buddies with the manager Hanrow, and bartender Tyler here. Needless to say we went back for seconds!



So maybe the morning after the 4th of July is not the best time to go deep sea fishing...but we did...and we survived...and we each caught fish!!


Our BEAUTIFUL hotel at night time. I truly don't think I've ever stayed any place this nice before.


Biker babes. I LOVE riding bikes. Love. It.



Closer to Cuba than the mainland. No mom, we didn't go to Cuba :)



On top of the Conch Hotel on Duval Street. Known for its sunsets, you can see the whole island up here.



 Early morning goodbyes to Key West.