Wednesday, July 25, 2012

...Virginia, North/South Carolina, Georgia...

Sometimes roadtrips don't go according to plan, and that can make all the fun difference! We left D.C. and decided to leave the coast and drive further inland to see some mountains!

Shenandoah National Park. The skyline drive was beautiful.


North Carolina has these pretty flowers planted all along their highways!


This is Lake Lure, and I'm really sad this is the only real picture I have of North Carolina. Because North Carolina was on of my favorite parts!


We took a little detour and went to the Atlanta aquarium, which was fantastic. John wanted to see the whale shark, which is neither a whale, nor a shark, but I guess is a big deal for aquariums?


We left Atlanta and stayed the night with my friend Jessica in  South Carolina.



The next afternoon we had reservations for a Sunday lunch at "Lady & Sons". PAULA DEAN'S RESTAURANT!!!! I was WAY too excited about this. But it was yummy. I love southern food so much!