Friday, August 24, 2007

Beets, Bears, Battlestar Galactica

I've decided Australia is smarter than America on several levels. First of all, in most bathrooms here they have the separate button option for the 'half-flush'. It uses half as much water as a full flush so its perfect for when you've had a day full of coffee instead of prunes. Also, since they've been in a drought they've put little 4 minute hour glasses in the showers so people will use less water. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI'm usually queen of high-maintenance 20 min. showers, however, I'm also slightly competitive in nature and find the hour-glass to be an incredible game. If I finish with sand left to spare, I get some peanut m&m's. We should do this in America even without a drought, just to save water.

Also, someone get on the city council and put in a train system. Mass transit is genius. You can actually go anywhere you want, without traffic or road rage, for a cheap price. You can even read Harry Potter on your way there if you so choose. Not to mention the gallons of pollution it has to be saving. If I think about how every person on the train I am riding would probably be sitting in an SUV for 30 minutes or more in Dallas during rush hour...I heart the environment.

America still trumps Australia on the food boat though. Beets are only good for providing painters with color idea. They are not edible so I am confused as to why Australians put them on their burgers or anything else. I plan on keeping a few in my pockets incase I need to ward off sharks, crocs, or vampires etc...

Sydney was beautiful. It completely reminds me of a cleaner and smaller NYC. They even have Hyde Park which is similar to Central Park. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe opera house is bigger than you think, the Harbor is cool to see, but I have yet to meet Wolfmother, or Jet, or Keith Urban. 4 months to be hopeful though.

Today we WALKED (which i loved) to the store to get our first groceries! We bought these reusable cloth bags that everyone uses here. So...in retrospect over this post, I guess I'll be coming home somewhat of a hippie concerned about recylcing and water and all that!