Sunday, August 5, 2007

A couch is not a bed

Couches were meant to be sat on, in an upright position. I have come to this conclusion after spending my first homeless week on my friend Brittany's couch. Tomorrow I will spend another week on another couch, get a weekend on a fluffy bed at my parents, and then off to L.A. I am excited and nervous, excited for growth and nervous for change. But as I've been reading lately in a wonderful Donald Miller book; if you don't grow, adapt, and change...you will expire. Not everyone needs to drop their life and go to Australia to find this...but I do. I'll leave you with the best quote I've read recently, I believe it illustrates my motives.

"While a person can have faith that a chair will hold him, it is not until he sits on that chair that he has acted on his faith". --Donald Miller