Sunday, August 19, 2007

Funny

4. My mom is hilarious, I think she gets it from me.

So in response to my previousl blog I get this message from my mom:

"Tell Shasta I am appointing her Security Director as well as her other duties The Office of Security Director has immediate authority over that of Social Director for the well being of the entire company. Duties of that office include scrutinizing friends made by the Social Director and cancelling conversations if deemed necessary, plus looking over her back."

I wrote her back and told her she was funny and then got the next of my laugh out loud messages:

"Why do you kids think I have no sense of humor? I'll have you know I was the 'fun one' among friends at school and work. I LOVE fun!"

Ugh, I love my family. Im sure there are more stories from here I could share, but here is what I have time for. So...I dont wear my glasses except to drive and see movies, you all know this. And, its rained here the last couple days so I dont wear them to read all the street signs as we've been walking around Sydney. Therefore Shasta has also been appointed 'Directions Coordinator' and I sorta just walk next to her talking as we get from A to B.

Well, this morning we were standing on a street corner waiting for the light to change and I came up with a new endearing term for Shasta as she read a sign for me across the street. I like to call her "Guide Dog". You know, like the kinds blind people have? She then looks over at me out the side of her rain jacket hood and says, "Not cool."

Ha. I laughed so hard. In fact Im tearing up now. Maybe you had to be there I dunno.

I also find it funny that the we brought the rain to Australia who had been in a 3 YEAR DROUGHT prior to our arrival. Fun times. Pics coming soon! Good ones!