Sunday, August 26, 2007

FOSTERS: Australian for crap

"You know why you haven't seen any signs for Fosters around here? Because you Americans are the only one's that drink that s***."

That's a direct quote from our orientation into the work visa program. I thought it was funny. Many of you may recollect my mild obsession with the chocolate enrobed cookie from Costa Rica called the "Chicky". May I introduce to you from Australia...the Tim Tam. This little bit of heaven is a sandwiched cookie dipped in chocolate and meant to swim in coffee. There are several flavors and I intend to conquer each one.


Shasta and I have decided to accelerate our self-confidence during this trip by taking up the art of singing in the shower. You should try this, especially if you know someone can hear you. I am not a singer, but in the shower, I can be whomever I want...an R&B sensation, Brandon Boyd's female harmony, or even a new addition to the cast of High School Musical. And while you think the person outside is mocking your lameness and judging every note...they are, in actuality marveling at you guts/control over intimidation. I am a rockstar.

We got job possibilities today. I'll fill you in when they become permanent and I collect a real paycheck. Miss you!